Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Gleaners and I

I recently watched Agnes Varda's The Gleaners and I. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. She documents people who still glean in the fields after the harvest, as well as those who glean in other ways...and the film is her way of gleaning as well. Likewise, this blog is my attempt at gleaning knowledge, wisdom, or perhaps just a sense of humor, from my yoga practice. In the movie, I loved the heart shaped potatoes that she finds at one point, rejected and left for the 'gleaners' to take.

        at the farmers' market today

At the end of this clip, you can see the filmmaker playfully posing as a gleaner, next to a famous painting of a gleaner. Oh, how I would like to be like her when I am old.





agnes varda as a gleaner....


No comments:

Post a Comment